2020-2021 Collierville Middle School
Welcome to 2020 – 2021 Collierville Middle School Swim Team.
The Collierville Middle School Swim Team is a developmental program for the Collierville High School Swim Team and is comprised of swimmers from both Collierville Middle and West Collierville Middle schools. While we are still dealing with the COVID pandemic, this swim season will be different then in years past. The team has enacted an athlete/coach monitoring program (many club swimmers are already up to date on most of these changes), have limited meets, and we’ve tried to keep costs to a minimum.
Coaching, Sponsors, Practice, and Meet Schedule
Our swim coach for the 2020-2021 season will be Ms. Isabel Hoppal. Isabel was a Memphis Thunder swimmer and has coached summer league. We are excited to have her coach the team.
Our school sponsors are Karissa Steward (CMS) and David Culbertson (WCMS)
Practices will be held at St. Georges High School –
• Monday thru Thurs (7:30 – 8:30 PM) - FIRST PRACTICE IS WED, MARCH 24TH Swim Meet - Saturday, April 17
Shelby County Swim League has indicated the following:
• St. George's is their first-choice location, Tunica is the backup plan. Will confirm location ASAP.
• Will likely have multiple meet sessions over the course of the day to keep numbers in the facility down.
• Is hoping to allow #1 spectator per swimmer (at a minimum we will have a chaperone system).
1. Collierville High School: $100 per swimmer
o Online Payment (preferred) or Check
o Memo: Middle School Swim – “Swimmers Name”
2. Non-Memphis Thunder Aquatic Club Swimmers Only (swim lane fee): $150 per swimmer
o Check Payable to: “Collierville High Swim Team” o Memo: Middle School Swim – “Swimmers Name”
The team is considered a developmental program for the CHS Team and therefore, all fees must be paid through the high school and high school booster club
Suit, Cap, Shirt, Etc.
While Collierville Middle School Swim Team encourages all swimmers wear a racing suit, we have decided not to require swimmers purchase a team suit. However, at a minimum, all swimmers will be required to wear a team swim cap at swim meets. Collierville Middle School Swim Team has pre-selected apparel through Swim&Tri – please order your swim caps directly from the website (see link below). Again, the site has other swim team apparel, however, we are not requiring swimmers purchase them this swim year. Please place your swim cap order as soon as possible. No other swim gear will be needed – the pool has kickboards, pull buoys, etc. for daily use (club swimmers may elect to bring their own gear if desired).
Other housekeeping items...
1. Please complete all required athletic forms accessible online at West/Collierville Middle School Athletics. Completion of these forms are mandatory and must be submitted prior to practice and meet participation.
o Dragonfly Max (electronic health record) o Physical Evaluation
o Assumption of Risk/Waiver Form
2. If you don’t have a TeamUnify account with Collierville Middle School Swimming, please complete the online form. https://forms.gle/MbAooZ1MFww2tsTv5
After we receive your online form, you will receive a welcoming email. Collierville Middle School Swimming uses TeamUnify to register swimmers for meets and serves as the primary tool to communicate practice and meet updates to swimmers and families.